Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bear Lake

Yay! We have made it official that Bear Lake is an annual thing! This time we were supposed to stay over two nights and 3 days, but Vince ended up getting sick the second day so we cut it off early and came home. To tell you the truth, I wasn't complaining! The bugs were the worst I have ever seen--that could have something to do with the fact that we went on the first warm day after 1 1/2 weeks of rain--I think we used up a whole bottle of bug spray in 2 days, YUCK!



Besides the bugs, it was good. We ended up renting a boat for 4 hours and it came with a tube, so all the kids got to try it and LOVED it. Even Daniel, who wouldn't go very fast and made sure that we went in a straight line, couldn't wait until it was their turn again. Matthew had the most adventure with Vince steering the boat to make big waves for him to jump over, but no one fell off--Vince made sure of that. I even got to drive the boat for a little bit.













On our way home we stopped off at Bear Lake Pizza and got some pizza, but opted out of the raspberry shakes this time. I told Vince that we should do it next year, but to start saving for a small camper/trailer of some sort because tenting is no longer an option for me!

1 comment:

Dave and Gina said...

My family used to do yearly outings to Bear Lake, they are great memories for kids to have. Looks like you had fun in spite of the bugs and sickness!