Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I have never seen "The Classics"

All growing up I never got into the classic black and white romance movies that are quoted so often, although that didn't stop Candi, my best friend, from making me watch Gone with the Wind against my will many times! I realized this fact a few weeks ago while watching "The Holiday" and thought I may try a few....one day.



So, for Valentine's Day, Vince made reservations at a very nice restaraunt where he actually tried wild boar (pretty good, he says) and since we were breaking in a new babysitter, we decided to go back home for a movie instead of going out. While talking about a movie to see, he agreed to go with my idea about the old classics. After consulting with Candi we decided on Casablanca! It wasn't as bad as I imagined and in fact, I may try it again. Vince actually enjoyed it too, although I am not sure he would want me telling everyone that. :)

If anyone wants to suggest a good one, let me know and I will look at it!







P.S. Candi, I don't think we are ready for Dr. Zhivago yet--baby steps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds like fun! I would have to suggest anything with Cary Grant or Audrey Hepburn! I really like It Happened One Night, even though it doesn't have Cary Grant or Audrey Hepburn. I also like Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly...Alfred Hitchcock movies are always good!

Good luck! :D

Corinne said...

Whoo hoo! The classics are the best! I'll start making a list you.

The Harpers said...

Casey says your blog entry is hilarious......he's never been made to watch GWTW. Be prepared....I'm coming with a list of classics!