Yes, I took the plunge! I have been thinking about it for about a year and finally put some money in our flex account and did it. There was no pain, just lots of pressure on one laser, then the smell of burning off cells on another laser and eye drops for the next few months and I can SEE! (All within 1 1/2 hours time span) The only annoying thing is that I have to wear these goggles at night for 5 days to prevent myself from rubbing my eyes in the middle of the night, or getting hit by Vince with a bad dream or something!
They did send me home with a DVD of the surgery, so if anyone wants to request that, I guess I can figure out how to post it, or send it via email! I think the video part would be strictly laser time which would be less than a minute for both eyes.
All in all, I would recommend it for those who can handle things coming at their eyes!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I think you need to post a picture of you in the goggles to accompany your post...
Well I would, except I wouldn't want to discourage anyone! :)
I would love to see you in those googles!!! I'm sure you look pretty hot. Glad the surgery went well.
I am so jealous! I would love to have my eyes fixed! I hope recovery goes well. I know my mom's recovery wasn't as nice and easy as the doctor said it would be. I guess everyone is different though!
I did it and I don't want to have to do it again...I remember almost fainting right after the procedure...the pressure on my eyes did a number on me I think...then I thought I was fine after my nap and I got up to go potty and fainted...nothing like landing near a toilet...but super fun now...love not having to wear glasses! Super happy for you!
so now that you have a clearer picture of what vince really looks like ... what's the verdict? thumbs up or thumbs down??? =)
Ken and I had it done years ago when we had to use up our Flex money and we have loved it! Ken went under the "knife" first and when he watched them do mine, he said he was glad to go first--if he had seen the process before-hand, he wouldn't have done it!
Congrats!!
I am proud to say--thumbs up!!!
Post a Comment