Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's just hair, right?--UPDATED

Well, I got my hair done today. I am not sure if I like it, and I am not sure I will post pictures for a few days just so I can get used to it and be okay with the "world" seeing it. My sister talked me into it and I was really excited, but then after it was done...you know how it is. It wasn't that the lady didn't understand what I wanted, it just may not be my thing. So, I guess we will chalk it up to trying something new, and I will give myself credit for that!!

If I decide I can live with it, I may post a picture, or I may not and just leave you all in terrible suspense!

Alright, I got a perm! I know I made it sound like I cut my hair short, and that it may have been an "orange mohawk", but here it is. It was supposed to be loose, and it ended up tighter than I wanted, thus the drama. Not the best picture, but when have I actually loved a picture that I was in??


Okay, so maybe I was being a little dramatic, but you have to understand, that I only change my hair every 10 years! Plus, the first few days I was having major flashbacks to Middle school and who wants to relive that!??? So after I figured out what I was doing and I was able to wash my hair, it has relaxed a bit and I guess I don't hate it anymore. I am actually starting to enjoy it! So, my advice to anyone looking to get a "loose perm" is to not go outside for at least a week, then you may be happy with it--eventually

5 comments:

David and Jana said...

Oh, come on!!! What is it an orange spike now? It can't be THAT bad!

Melissa H said...

Pretty close.....:)

The Harpers said...

What did you do?

Gwen said...

I love it!! PS in Michigan humidity it will be a tighter curl, in case you were thinking of coming to visit any time soon. : )

Corinne said...

You look adorable...and not in a 7th grade way :). No, really- I think it looks really great!